Justice Paul H. Anderson
Justice Paul H. Anderson served as Associate Justice on the Minnesota Supreme Court until his retirement in May 2013. He was appointed to the Court in 1994 and elected to six-year terms in 1996, 2002 and 2008.
Justice Anderson was raised on a dairy farm in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. After law school, he served in Volunteers In Service To America and as Special Assistant Minnesota Attorney General.
He was in private practice for 21 years with LeVander, Gillen & Miller in South St. Paul. In 1992 Paul was appointed Chief Judge, Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Justice Anderson joined Soule & Stull to offer clients and counsel his experience and insights on appeals (briefs, petitions for review, oral argument) and to perform arbitration and mediation services.
Paul is an avid bicyclist, gourmet cook, history and civics scholar, and a homeless shelter volunteer. He has also acted in several theatrical productions.
- • University of Minnesota Law School, 1968
- • Macalester College, 1965
- • Minnesota
- Legal Activities
- • Lectured in El Salvador, China, the Philippines and Russia
- • Made presentations on law and elections in Libya and Tunisia, 2012
- • Distinguished Citizen Award, Macalester College
- • Access to Justice Award, Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association
- • Advocate’s Award, MSBA Civil Litigation Section, 2003
- • Burton Award for Legal Writing, 2009
- • Citizen Lawyer Award, MSBA, 2009
- • Communication and Leadership Award, Toastmasters, 2010
- • Outstanding Service to Profession Award, Minnesota Lawyer, 2012